The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual as the Director, Leadership Communications in Enterprise Communications and Marketing (ECM).
This person will:
- Provide strategic communications support to senior management and AMA Board of Trustees.
- Write and manage other writers in the creation of speeches, presentations, talking points, scripts, blogs, op-eds, white papers and other communications, as needed.
- Assist senior executives to succeed with internal and external communications that position them as thought-leaders, engage employees and external audiences, and solve their business and communications challenges.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Researching and identifying appropriate speaking venues in which to place the president or other senior executives;
- Developing and/or overseeing development of speech outlines for executive approval and write, edit and guide others in writing speeches that compel audiences to think, feel or act in alignment with organizational goals;
- Researching audience expectations, event agenda, topics and remarks of other speakers, physical space and need for audio/visual support, and assisting executives in focusing the purpose of each speech to tailor messages for audience appeal and impact
- Working with ECM team to develop plans to expand reach of speeches to additional audiences via digital and print channels to increase range, penetration and reinforcement of messages, resulting in greater message visibility, recall and buy-in by targeted audiences
To qualify for this position:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in communications, speech and/or creative writing. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of executive speechwriting with some experience in the health care industry strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years management experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a demonstrated record of success.
- Proven expertise and experience in managing strategic communications including demonstrated examples of being immersed in a specific industry and accessing the history, products, services and corporate social responsibility activities of such industry.
- Excellent relationship building skills and strong problem solving, written, verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Best-in-class capabilities to remain current and aware of future-leading material for executive speeches, articles or op-ed pieces, by identifying and culling industry think tank and thought-leadership websites and publications.
TO APPLY: External applicants may apply by going to www.ama-assn.jobs and submit a resume. (PF tipster)