JOB OF THE WEEK: Washington Post, Communications Coordinator
Responsibilities include but are not limited to; event planning, research, report generating, database management, entry-level publicity and telephone coverage. You will maximize your learning potential by assisting with the overall business objectives of the team by taking part in special projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Careful attention to detail with good follow through and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Expertise with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook .
- Event planning experience with meetings and conferences.
- You are strategic in your thinking and naturally prioritize what's important from moment to moment. Change is not a problem for you and you are always ready to change course, if needed.
- You can easily establish rapport and develop credibility from internal employees and external business partners.
- You will be a dynamic self-starter with strong interpersonal, communication, and decision making skills.
- Willingness to work at events after hours or to work extended hours when required
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or Office Coordinator in a business environment and may be currently working as, but not limited to: Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Coordinator, Office Manager, or Executive Assistant.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Kris Coratti, Director of Communications, at kris.coratti [at] wpost [dot] com. (PF tipster)