JOB OF THE WEEK: Susan B. Anthony List, Online Communications Manager
This individual will manage and run the day-to-day operations of our website(s), implementing sites that are attractive, user-friendly, accessible, and searchable. In addition, this individual is responsible for managing our grassroots email list. The individual will be responsible for working under the Communications Director to implement tactics and strategies to create and distribute content, build community, drive traffic, and increase interaction with our website.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Update website and blog on a daily basis
- Managing current email list and managing email prospecting campaigns
- Providing and analyzing weekly reports about web traffic and results from email blast
- Drafting and sending mass email communications, coordinating email blast schedules between all departments: fundraising, legislative, and political
- Working with vendors to create web graphics when needed, to problem-solve website technology issues, and to create new sites with quick turnaround for specialized web campaigns
- Publishing shareable content for user-generated media services and new media products (RSS, blogs, video, audio podcasts, photos, online press rooms, etc.)
- Maximizing the use of social networks and other new media outlets by updating and managing official accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media sites
- Seeking online opportunities to place banner ads, social network advertising, engage in link sharing, cross platform promotion, upload articles, etc
- Generating interest and driving traffic through search engine marketing efforts and participation in blogs, message boards, and forums
- Creating and editing website content pages using back-end content management system (CMS) tools
- Identifying emerging technologies, trends, and services to increase effectiveness of web strategy efforts
- Coordinating efforts with the Communication Department. Identifying and building strategic alliances to execute technology-based communications activities
- Educating internal staff in the use and application of new media
- Learning new technologies to effectively build the organization's web presence
- Must be passionately pro-life with a clear ability to communicate the issue both written and verbally.
- Must possess excellent writing skills.
- Prior experience with managing a website and/or email blast list required.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to Emily Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your position on Life in your cover letter. Cover letters that do not state applicant’s position on the Life issue will not be considered. Please no phone calls, you will be contacted to set up an interview. (PF tipster)