We hope you had a nice July 4th holiday. Here are some items you may have missed:
- Politico profiles Stephanie Cutter.
- Jennifer Hoelzer, the longtime Communications Director for Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR), is moving west to be VP of Communications for the American Film Institute. Here is the AFI press release.
- First reported by Politico’s Mike Allen, Gary Howard, who served as Communications Director for Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign, has joined the RNC as Special Projects Director. Howard was previously Press Secretary for Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and worked for Sen. David Vitter (R-LA).
- Jen Psaki has returned to Team Obama, reprising her role from the 2008 campaign. She had also served as Deputy Communications Director at the White House. She is on leave from Global Strategy Group. She’s traveling with the president, handling campaign inquiries, while White House Press Secretary Jay Carney handles questions on official matters.
- Also reported by Politico’s Mike Allen, Lauren Zelt Tate has joined the RNC as Deputy Press Secretary for Television. A Georgetown University graduate, Lauren previously worked as a guest booker for dayside programming and special election coverage at Fox News.
- Greg Burke, the longtime Fox News correspondent in Rome, has been named a senior communications adviser at the Vatican. His hiring comes as the Vatican is handling a serious leak scandal. Here’s the AP story when the news broke.
- Reported by Roll Call, James Hallinan is the new Communications Director for the Pennsylvania Democratic Party. He was most recently Director of Research and Communications at the Louisiana Democratic Party. He is a New Mexico political veteran, running communications for the state party, serving as Deputy Spokesman on former Lt. Gov. Diane Denish’s 2010 gubernatorial campaign and working for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign in New Mexico at the end. Earlier this cycle he served as spokesman for the special election campaign of Kate Marshal (D-NV).
- Also reported by Roll Call, Matt Beynon has launched Madison Strategic Ventures, based in Arlington, VA. Steelers fan Beynon is best-known as the Deputy Communications Director for former Sen. Rick Santorum’s (R-PA) 2012 presidential campaign from June 2011 until the end.