JOB OF THE WEEK: Buzzfeed, Press Manager (NYC)
BuzzFeed is seeking an aggressive, hard-working, experienced Press Manager to join our editorial team in New York. The person will be responsible for promoting reporters, editors and content focused on entertainment, celebrity, lifestyle and pop culture — but should also be a generalist who's able to grow with our expanding editorial team. The role will report to the Press Director and work closely with the Executive Editor.
This job is based in our NYC offices, and offers competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Bring significant rolodex of lifestyle/entertainment TV producers and reporters and use contacts to expand BuzzFeed lifestyle press coverage
- Manage press for entertainment, celebrity, lifestyle and pop culture sections to promote content and editors/reporters, focusing on TV
- Work with Events Coordinator on company and entertainment and vertical-centric events
- Work with Events Coordinator on panels and industry events
- Strong editorial sensibility
- Proven ability to pitch and secure placements at major media outlets
- Excellent organization skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accessibility after hours and on weekends
- 4 - 6 years experience in PR and preferable media PR
TO APPLY: Click here. (PF tipster)