DREAM JOB OF THE WEEK: Washington Redskins, Social Media Coordinator (Ashburn, VA)
The Washington Redskins are seeking a creative and qualified individual to support the Digital Media department, with the primary focus on the day to day content on the Redskins social media platforms and cultivate fan interaction, engagement and discussion around the Redskins team brand.
The right individual must take great pride in their work and pay strong attention to detail. Applicant must have a strong understanding of social media platforms and digital trends. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while keeping organized and maintaining high standards in all work. Needs to be able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Produce unique daily content and initiate fan discussion and engagement via social posts on various Redskins social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pintrest, Reddit, foursquare and UStream
- Develop and execute initiatives to drive member-generated content, increase community participation and add value to the online community experience
- Create and manage sponsored pages and posts, including social contests, sweepstakes and promotions
- Provide analytics to communicate fan engagement and activity to both internal and external clients through daily, weekly and monthly reports in order to help track success and areas of improvement for all social initiatives
- Identify and drive opportunities for emerging social platforms and potential new vendor relationships that can add value to social sites
- Manage and monitor media channels for fan commenting, spam and content issues
- Research ways to improve the Redskins social media platforms and integration on Redskins.com and other team microsites
- Manage content updates and monitor functionality on the Redskins Team Mobile App and Redskins Cheerleader Mobile App, including rosters, photos, videos, promotions and push messaging
- Responsible for pushing out mobile text alerts and maintaining mobile database
- Help to identify Redskins fan groups and encourage displaced fans to join Redskins Meetup groups, contribute content to Redskins Rally, and participate through various social media platforms
- Manage and grow the Redskins Rally network of bar/restaurant owners, plus assist with updates to RedskinsRally.com and serve as point of contact for existing Redskins bars and fan groups
- Assist with planning, promotion and execution of Redskins Rally events, which may include attendance on Sundays in season, and distribution of Redskins Rally Welcome Kits and prizing to all network affiliates
- Assist with documenting various Redskins events and uploading pictures, videos and blog content onto Redskins.com and the team social sites.
- Assist with other duties as necessary
- Thorough understanding and familiarity of primary social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess superior writing skills and editorial judgment
- Detail-oriented and strong organization and project management skills
- Polite, positive, self-starter who works well with others
- Strong knowledge of and passion for both football and social media
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Actively follow new technology trends and apply to Redskins digital strategy where appropriate
- Basic familiarity with video and photo file formats
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) are required; proficiency in HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, and video editing (iMovie or FinalCut Pro) is preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Sports Management, Communications, Journalism, or related and appropriate majors
- Must have at least 1-2 years’ experience working in a digital media role with a high-profile brand
- Must provide own means of transportation to Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia
- Must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings during peak times of the year
The Washington Redskins offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you wish to become a part of this exciting, fast paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: Visit this page. (PF reporting)