JOB OF THE WEEK: St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Senior Media Relations Specialist (Memphis, TN)
The Senior Media Relations Specialist will generate national media coverage highlighting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital’s unique approach to clinical care and the impact of our research. The position will identify news and feature stories and develop supporting materials, identify the most effective outlets, and engage with reporters to increase the visibility of St. Jude subject matter experts and expand St. Jude's national/international reputation as a world-class clinical care and research institution. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of media placement in major consumer markets in addition to executing a national media communications strategy. Must have the ability to function effectively in a collaborative and matrix environment, and to establish and maintain strong, positive relationships internally and externally.
• Bachelor's degree required, with a preference for a degree in communication, public relations, journalism or marketing.
• Five (5) years of experience working in media relations, print or broadcast journalism or any combination of these roles.
• Experience working with local, regional and national media and a proven track record of placements within national outlets utilizing consumer and/or medical scientific media is required.
• Experience working in a health care or scientific setting is preferred.
• Experience in integrating social media and online media strategies are preferred.
TO APPLY: Visit: https://jobs.stjude.org/css_external/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=31458&s_cid=233172 (Mediabistro)