JOB OF THE WEEK: NBC Universal, “Access Hollywood,” Senior Publicist (Universal City, CA)
The Unit Publicist on "Access Hollywood", "Access Hollywood Live" and Accesshollywood.com is responsible for all day-to-day publicity efforts for the LA-based entertainment news magazine brand and programming.
- Actively pitch and liaise with journalists across all media platforms-traditional digital and social media, reinforcing and broadening media contacts and strengthening the brand profile.
- Collaborate with producers & web team to create daily press blasts, press releases, pitch letters and other material that effectively informs the media and public of programming, interviews, and breaking news.
- Create and implement a press strategy to maximize profile publicity for the shows' talent, experts (producers) and Access Hollywood brand. Develop timelines and strategy for advance press coverage of appearances, performances, interviews.
- Read and review daily production / interview logs/transcripts, pulling out sound bites which will be disseminated to appropriate press outlets.
- Work closely with digital producers and Accesshollywood.com teams to boost exposure of the shows' website.
- Research, write, proofread, edit and secure approvals for press releases and assigned written & photo materials.
- Oversee crisis management.
- Field media requests for information, photography, listings and radio requests for programming and talent; organize photo shoots and set visits as needed.
- 3-5 years (minimum) previous work experience in entertainment publicity; unit PR experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in either of the following: English, Communications, Journalism, Publicity or related field.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media and digital / online / viral press and publicity.
TO APPLY: Visit here. (PF reporting)