JOB OF THE WEEK: Communications Manager, Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
The Communications Manager, reporting to the Director of Online Marketing and Communications, develops and implements online marketing and communications tools to raise the visibility of Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business.
- Primary duties include reporting on and creating social media content, coordinating social media and digital production calendars, monitoring social media accounts, analyzing our competitors’ digital efforts, and creating and analyzing metrics reports from various tracking sources.
- Secondary duties include updating web pages, creating html emails, creating landing pages, writing copy & preparing online advertisements, shooting and editing videos for social media, being an advocate for social news dissemination, and teaching and training staff about social media.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree - preference for business, marketing, communications, or journalism.
- Some experience in journalism and reporting.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- At least five years, though preferably more, of exposure to digital communications and updating websites.
- Excellent management organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Technical expertiseinApple OS, Windows, HTML 5, CSS 3, Drupal 7, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, HootSuite, basic Photoshop, Dreamweaver, WordPress, Google Analytic – as well as basic videography and editing, Finalcut Pro, IMovie, or Adobe Premier.
TO APPLY: Click here. (PF tipster)