JOB OF THE WEEK: Financial Services Institute, Online Communications Manager
The Financial Services Institute (FSI), the leading trade association for independent financial services firms and independent financial advisors, is hiring an Online Communications Manager for its Washington, D.C. office.
A strong candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience and a demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a digitally-driven issue campaign. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, a creative thinker who can generate and execute on actionable ideas for high-level advocacy campaigns. He/she should be well organized and strategic and have a basic understanding of the legislative process. Knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus but not required. Candidate should excel in a fast-moving, high-stakes environment, in a rapidly growing organization.
Specific duties and skills:
- Advanced and thorough knowledge and use of all major social media platforms;
- Understanding of website CMS platforms a must, ability to write code a plus;
- A strong affinity for technology and knowledge of the process of deploying digital assets, including websites, social media campaigns, creating mass HTML e-mails and infographics;
- Excellent writing abilities with an ability to generate copy that can be widely disseminated and quoted from as is, with minimal editing;
- Basic understanding of politics and the daily news cycle;
- Basic understanding of media relations a plus, but not a requirement;
- Will be responsible for writing online copy, posting all press releases, advocacy updates and marketing materials online, writing and posting updates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social sites, and, most importantly, formulating and executing on an overall online strategy.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter/email to FSI’s Managing Director, Communications & Media Relations Chris Paulitz at [email protected]. Please, no phone calls. (PF tipster)