The National Rifle Association (NRA) seeks to hire a Media Liaison at its Fairfax, VA headquarters.
This position requires very strong writing skills. The successful candidate's primary area of responsibility will be developing quality public affairs related documents with high frequency.
1) Very strong writing skills.
2) Ability to produce press releases, op-eds, and letters to the editor on tight deadlines.
3) Develop pro-active and reactive public affairs related documents that will create support for NRA's position on legislative, political, crime and safety issues consistent with the NRA mission.
4) Create rapid response crisis management documents for delivery to newsmakers.
5) Coordinate and conduct pro-active and reactive media interviews
6) Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree required. Strong writing skills essential. Knowledge of public relations and technical and general aspects of broadcast and print journalism and of local/federal politics helpful. Knowledge of and support for the NRA's positions in defense of the Second Amendment are essential.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume with cover letter (required) to email@example.com or via fax to (703) 267.3938. The NRA is proud to offer an extensive array of benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (PF tipster)