DREAM JOB OF THE WEEK: Minnesota Timberwolves, Senior Corporate Communications Manager
Position Summary/Objective: In addition to strategic planning, the responsibilities of the Senior Corporate Communications Manager will include: key message development, crisis communications, development of internal brand building and communication tactics, pitching business-related story ideas to media, and drafting communication plans for key stakeholders including season ticket members and corporate sponsors
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
- Develop relationships with members of the local and national media
- Manage media opportunities/requests for team’s business operations, including executive staff members.
- Develop strategies around the implementation of season ticket member communication plan.
- Create and successfully manage a strategic plan surrounding all facility related public relations/communications, including but not limited to Target Center renovation.
- Work with Vice President of Communications to develop key messages and talking points for the entire staff related to various organizational business efforts.
- Distribute key messages and talking points on regular basis to entire staff as well as departmental-specific messages when necessary.
- Assist Corporate Partnerships in developing standardized messaging for sales presentations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop and proactively pitch team business-related stories to local and national media.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays.
- Strong team leadership skills preferred.
Experience: Minimum five (5) years of experience working in Public Relations. Experience working in an agency setting and/or with consumer-facing brands preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does have supervisory responsibility.
TO APPLY: Click here. (PF tipster)