TRICKS OF THE TRADE: PR Newser offers Six Tips for Making your Press Release Twitter Friendly
Mediabistro blog PR Newser offers “Six tips for making your press release Twitter friendly” in light of a recent study from PR Newswire & Crowd Factory that found that Twitter drives more traffic to press releases than Facebook.
The six tips?
1) It Starts with the Headline – Leave room for comment & retweets, make headline eye catching & newsworthy, tweet “facts and stats”
2) Numbers, Numbers, Numbers – If you have data within a press release, put it in the headline
3) Make Sub-stories Tweetable – Make the press release “scanable” by highlighting secondary areas, so one press release can be a few different tweets
4) Hashtag Properly – Keywords and search terms make it easier to find; tweet should be “more social but less deep”
5) Make Quotes Tweetable – Make quotes “interesting and substantive”
6) Increase Multimedia – Audio, video and other multimedia add value and “further draw your audience in”
Summary: "In other words, consider the social media platform and create your strategy — and your press release — accordingly."
Full item here. (PR Newser)